Introducing the $798
PHOTO: The 2014 Pocket
Companion offers all the advantages of a Bike Friday for the affordable
starting price of $798. Shown here with racks and fenders as added
A Message From Co-Founder Alan Scholz:
I'm pleased to announce that we have made a huge price breakthrough on
our base model Bike Fridays.
The result is a true Bike Friday in all senses that we can offer
starting at $798.
We have created a new build process, and applied it to the Companion.
The Pocket Companion offers a nice ride with the convenience to fold and
put into a suitcase for airline travel. And, it is still hand built in
Here are details:
2014 Pocket Companion
- The Companion comes in three sizes
[52 cm, 56 cm and 60 cm] with an offer of 13 color options [four
free, nine requiring an upgrade charge].
- It has two-tone paint that comes with an Ink Black fork, stem,
and seat mast. The main frame and rear end will be a choice of 13
colors. The color scheme is quite attractive and part of the secret
to the new low price. The black parts are batch built more
efficiently in our new process.
- All sizes come standard with a 60 mm Quill stem, and 170 mm
cranks. Also choices of 80 mm and 100 mm stems, and 165 mm and 175
mm cranks are available.
- It comes with braze-ons for a rear rack and water bottle. Braze-ons
for a front rack or front derailleur are available for an upgrade
- The handlebars are mountain bike style with twist shifters.
- The tires are 20x1.75" 406 size rims, and the base model comes
with saddle and pedals.
- Fenders are SKS brand, and are an optional accessory. This bike
will fit many standard racks. We have one that retails for $35.
- The Companion has a 230-pound / 104 kg rider limit.
- It comes with a non-folding Easy Pack mast.
- The base model is 8-speed for $798 with the option to upgrade to
a 24-speed SRAM DualDrive for $949.